As I posted before, Callie has been struggling with fevers since last Tuesday. We made it home on Friday morning, where she continued to spike fevers and was just not doing well at all. On Saturday evening her fevers took a turn for the worst, hitting 104.5. Scary!!!!! I took her to the ER where they tested her for the Flu/RSV and checked her white blood cell count. She was negative for both Flu & RSV and her white blood cell count was totally normal just like when they did blood work on her in CA. They admitted her overnight for observation since her fevers were so high.
In the hospital she continued to spike fevers all night. She received two IV rounds of antibiotic and was looking better the next morning. She was discharged that afternoon and sent home on oral antbiotic. Callie continued to spike fevers into Tuesday and so far has been fever free today. So, where are these fevers coming from you might ask?! Cardiology here and the docs in CA, all think it is sinus related. They think when Callie went in for her heart cath her sinus infection was not fully cleared up and from being intubated and everything it irritated and stirred that bacteria up in there. She also had fluid behind her ears on top of them being red and a nasty cough which is a combination of the normal cough she gets with her sinus infection and then a cough from her cath. Her head is basically one BIG infection, poor baby:( She is coughing so hard it is making her so tired, that coughing takes so much out of her. On the bright side, her lungs looked good on the xray, so she is good as far as that goes.
As far as her heart goes, CA wants her BLUE and her oxygen in the 60's before she returns. These symptoms will mean she has outgrown her shunt and then it will be time to do her Glenn procedure. So, we are just taking it month by month and wait for these symptoms to occur. Her surgeon, Dr. Hanley, doesn't not want to do the procedure till she has outgrown this shunt. There is no reason to touch her if she is doing well. I am thankful for a surgeon who always has Callie's best interest at heart and does not rush into things just because it is convenient. Callie's next trip to CA will forsure hold a surgery for her but we are very thankful that it could be 6mths or more before she will need that done. God is good, grateful that his plan is greater than any plan we could ever have for ourselves!
Please continue to pray for Callie's recovery from all this nasty sinus stuff and she can make it thorugh this flu and cold season without catching anything!!!!