Callie is doing awesome:) Both her chest tubes have been removed and things are slowly dropping off!!! She is still on the ventilator just to give her some extra rest time but the plan is to extubate tomorrow:) YEA!!!! Not too much more to report, which is good.
On the other hand, we are waiting to speak with her surgeon, Dr. Hanley, tomorrow because he had told us after her surgery on Friday that if she recovered well that he could go ahead and do another surgery to remove her aorta off her lower pulmonary vein on the left side. That surgery would be a left thoracotomy which is through her back like her past surgeries. So, not sure what the decision will be on that but we will see what he has to say. The reason for going ahead in doing this surgery is so she doesn't have to in 6mths.
So, if 6mths from now what he did with the upper pulmonary vein and then possibly this surgery with the lower vein worked then she would be a candidate for her Bi-Directional Glenn:) Which would be so AWESOME!!!!!
Will update tomorrow with a follow up post of what's going on.