Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Change Of Plans
Callie was supposed to have another surgery this past Tuesday. But, surgery was cancelled. Dr. Hanley was under the impression he had only did an upper aortapexy in the past. So, Tuesday he was going to do a lower aortapexy. But, actually she has already had both upper and lower aortapexy. Futhermore, he is not so sure it is her aorta that is laying on her lower pulmonary vein after all. After looking over previous caths, they are starting to think it might actually be her spine pressing against her pulmonary vein!!!! That totally caught me off guard! Now the plan is to do a CT scan tomorrow morning to find out for sure before proceeding with anymore surgeries. She is supposed to go in at 10am, please pray everything goes smoothly and quick.
On a different note, Callie is now out of the ICU and moved to the 3rd floor today. If all goes as planned and no complications with the CT scan she will be discharged tomorrow afternoon/evening. She is doing AWESOME, thank you for all your prayers.
Dr. Hanley will look at her CT scan tomorrow and from there we will find out if Callie will have another surgery now or if he will wait before doing anything else. Will update as soon as I get any new information. New pics to follow in the next day or so:)